Thank you to many of you that have ordered food via the Amazon link to be sent or dropped off food or made donations to the Coconut Grove Crisis Food Pantry. The Coconut Grove Crisis Food Pantry is in continuous need of food and money as they continue to deliver 10 items of 'shelf stable' food weekly to 170 individuals and families in need. They can also use personal care products. All donations of any quantity are welcome.
For those of you staying home 24/7, you can still help in one of three ways:
- Shop online for delivery directly to the Crisis Food Pantry by clicking the Amazon button. YOU CAN ALSO SEE THE LIST OF ALL FOOD ITEMS NEEDED AT Crisis Food Pantry.
- On Crisis Food Pantry you will find the Donate Now button to make a monetary donation via PayPal.
- Send a check made out to Coconut Grove Crisis Food Pantry and mail it to: Coconut Grove Crisis Food Pantry, C/O Christ Episcopal Church, 3475 William Avenue, Miami, FL 33133
If you prefer to shop for and deliver items yourself, they accept food (and money) donations on Tuesdays from 10am to 12noon, beginning Tuesday, January 5th. There are three drop-off locations. Here are the addresses and drop-off times and dates:
- Janet’s front porch at 728 Catalonia, Coral Gables, FL 33134 – you can (but don’t need to) call or text her at 305-794-0516 to let her know you will be making a drop-off no later than 9am on Tuesday, January 5th and possible ongoing Tuesdays.
- Christ Episcopal Church, 3475 William Avenue (the pink church) Tuesdays from 10am-12noon. There will be a sign up front and a volunteer by the name of Chris will accept the food.
- Plymouth Congregational Church 3400 Devon Road, Miami, FL 33133 on Sundays from 1-2pm
We will be make arrangements with the Coconut Grove Crisis Food Pantry to help sort and collect the food, for which we will need volunteers to join us for an initial training once we have the details. They will also need a new delivery person. CG Dems Board Member Janet Nostro will continue to coordinate our efforts with the Food Pantry.